The county clerk performs a variety of different functions:
- Keeping the official records of the legislative body
- Keeping a record of all appropriations and allowances made by the legislative body and all claims chargeable against the county
- Collecting certain local and state taxes
- Probating or acknowledging deeds and other instruments that are entitled to registration by law.
Open the County Clerk's Website in a new window.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICE:
- Issuing Vehicle Tags & Collecting Wheel Taxes
- Issuing Marriage Licenses
- Collecting Hotel/Motel Taxes
- Applications for Business Licenses
- Collecting Business Taxes
- Handling Beer Sale Permits
- Applications for Notaries
- Maintaining Official Records of the County Commission