In 1918, the county court established a county high school. The current Hickman County High School was built in 1974.
The high school contains 204,732 square feet in the main building and 12,052 square feet in an annex building. There are 59 classrooms total. The auditorium seats over 1,100 people, the gymnasium seats 4,500, and the football stadium seats 3,000. The cafeteria seats 300, and the library seats 120. The school also maintains a distance learning laboratory and baseball, soccer, tennis, and softball facilities.